Sunday, January 26, 2014

Wanna Sketch is back!!

Hello!

So, I've said a few times that I don't really like pink.  And I don't.  So why do I keep making pink cards?!!  Got another one for you today.  This totally pink card is for the Lisa Arana's Wanna Sketch challenge.  After a little break, it's back!!  Yeah baby!!  It's one of my fave challenges, so I had to play along.  I actually started this card last night, with the intention of squeaking it in to the Paper Smooches Sparks Anything Goes challenge as well, but with the deadline looming, and my droopy eyes getting the better of me, I left the card to finish today, post Sparks deadline.  Oh well, I will try for Sparks this week :)

Here's what I came up with:


I think I got a little carried away with the hearts - there aren't nearly as many in the sketch!  Pretty simple card though and almost all PS, with the exception of the hearts, which are Lawn Fawn.  That little bunny is from PS Spring Fling, and the original image has her holding a sweet little carrot (it's a spring/Easter themed set).  But I wanted to make it a birthday card, so I cut off the carrot and replaced it with a cupcake from the Hullabaloo set.  I ordered this set after I saw Savannah O'Gwynn use this cupcake on the card she made for Carol's birthday in December - ADORABLE!  I also wanted to use embossing paste, tinted in pink, to give the look of *real* icing.  Added a little glossy accents to the cherry, and framed it with the Mama Elephant border die, and that was it.

And here's the sketch:

Come play along with me!  You will love this challenge!  Lisa's sketches are awesome.  They're not intimidating at all (they won't leave you tearing your hair out *trying* to make it work!) and they are a ton of fun to play with.  Here's the link again...promise, you won't be disappointed :)

Thanks so much for visiting me!!
Have a good rest of the day!!
Shannon

10 comments:

  1. Adorable!!! Ooh...that bunny with a cupcake so CUTE, what a fun delicious card :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I'm squealing in glee with your darling bunny holding his gi-normous sized cupcake (well, relative to his size, it's mighty large!), with pink-paste icing and a cherry for the perfect special touch! His little face is absolutely adorable; I can just picture him hopping away somewhere to dive in to his delicious treat! Carried away with the hearts? Nope, you've added precisely the correct amount (never too many hearts, say I!). Total effect: swoooooooon!! I adore this x a zillion!!! Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely and cute, sweet and yummy!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. a-dorable....seriously. and the frosting...genius.
    pink, pink, pink...we know you secretly LOVE it :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the falling hearts! You know what we should do... we should get together for PL :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sooooo cute! you have the amount of hearts for that darling cupcake bunny! I just love it when you play along with wanna sketch, you always rock it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very yummy adorable, Shannon!! You can NEVER have too many cute little hearts like you've done here! Thanks for the linkie; I will go check it out. You know I love myself some skevetches!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  8. I must play along with Lisa's challenge! LOOOOOOOVE her! And I LOOOOOOOOOOVE this card, Shannon! I LOVE LOVE LOVE the shower of love and that cupcake for the bunny! ACK! It looks so good:) FAB coloring! I really need to learn how to color!

    YOU nailed this sketch! Great job <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh gosh!! That is so adorable!! I love that little bunny and you are so clever to cut off the carrot and hand it a cupcake instead! haha! I never would have known. And here you have another one of those fabulous backgrounds! I'm impressed and adding that to my "things to try on cards" list :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, so adorable with the pink falling hearts! Perfect take on the sketch, Shannon! LOVE!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me a comment - I appreciate them so much!