Thursday, November 14, 2013

Feeling Girlie!

Hello!

Today's Christmas card is brought to you by the colour pink!  I'm not normally a big fan of pink.  I love it for baby girl cards, and like to use it as an accent, but rarely do I use it as the main theme.  But today I embraced the pink and went full on girlie!  But I think little Miss Snow-woman wears it well! 

Here's what I came up with:


I came across a stash of chipboard snowflakes - who knows how long I've had them.  But when I spotted them yesterday, I knew I had to use them!  I'm sure you will see more cards in the near future displaying similar flakes!  I just heat embossed this one to make it white.  Instead of using glitter along the fallen snow, I thought I'd try it with Perfect Pearls.  And I kind of like it!  It gives a nice little shimmer.  I added some teeny tiny little pearl drops to three of the snow dots as well, just to carry the shimmer "up"!  Looking at it now, I'm not sure if I should have added a few more drops - what do you think?

Hope you are having an awesome day!  I'm hoping to squeeze in a little more craft time if I can!
Shannon

12 comments:

  1. Bring on the pink, I say, especially if it's being sported by a darling little snow-woman! I love x love her 'bean' shape...so dang cute!! And next batch o'love goes to the sparkly, shimmery snowflake: ahhh-mazing1 I've never used perfect pearls (I'd likely make a perfect mess!), but once again, you've inspired a 'give 'em a try' spark! Yes indeed, this is a happy dancing, feel good, heart-warming, cutie-pie card. I love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You HAVE got to find a challenge for this sweet young snow gal because she is going to blow all the other beauty pageant contestants right out of the water! Pink gingham on a Christmas card - so unpredictable but so effective! Add the pretty pink bow and the shimmery sheen of the perfect pearls and we are talking total Christmas Princess Power! LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  3. gotta love that pink gingham snowgirl! darling card! awesome snowflake!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweetest card, ever! Love your pink snowgal, and those three tiny pearls are THEE perfect touch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How did I miss this little bunch of cuteness!!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMGoodness!! That's my favorite little snowman and he's pink!!! haha! That is just adorable!! Love the big snowflake! Oh love it all! I'm going to have to go make a pink snowman now!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I tend to avoid pink also - but that is one cute snowlady!! I like the three little pearls - it's just a nice subtle accent and frames the big snowflake.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm loving all your Christmas cards <3 And love the pink snowman! It's a nice change of colour for him!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cute Shannon! Love the pink :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. So adorable, Shannon! I like the little drops and would add one to every flake because it looks like a little spot of highlight that drops usually have, kwim? Your little egg Snow Miss is the best!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  11. How did I miss this SUPER CUTE pink snowman!?!?!?! LOOOOOOOOOVE him! Love this little card-- great details with the snowflake (must get me some of those-- LOVE!!!!!!!) and the perfect pearls on the top of the fresh snow! OH MY! Perfectly created!! You rock, Shannon!

    ps.... I know I said this last week.... I'm going to contact you and Carol! PROMISE!!!!!!!!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  12. She does wear it well! I love the perfect pearls and that large flake...the shape is perfect for PS accompaniment ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me a comment - I appreciate them so much!