Sunday, May 19, 2013

Rock Star in the Spotlight!

Hello!

I've got Father's Day on my mind today!  I know, it seems a *little* early!  But it's always one of those occasions that just sneak up on me.  So I'm trying to be a little more organized!  I used CAS(E) this Sketch #28 for my inspiration - and just loved it!  I came up with this idea last night as I was falling asleep.  I was so excited about it - but then thought I couldn't possibly be the first to come up with this idea!!!  I haven't seen it myself (at least I don't think I have!) and hopefully it is an original!  But with all of the talent out there, I'm having my doubts!!!  I do love how it turned out though - exactly how I'd envisioned it, and that doesn't always happen!

Here's the sketch:


And the card:



All Paper Smooches on this one.  The stars and the spotlight are from Space Cadet, the oval platform is from Vogue Abode and the adorable little bird (one of my absolute fave images!) is from Spring Fling.  Sentiments are from Sentiment Sampler and My Guy.

Hope you, and my Dad like it!!

Thanks for dropping by!
Shannon

8 comments:

  1. So, here I am, scoping out your site while "visiting" (okay...escaping from visiting for a bit ...), when suddenly, your awesome, perfect-for-dad card appears! Excellent timing - and what a TREAT to see the spotlight on dad in such a whimsical, charming fashion. Your dad will LOVE LOVE and LOVE this (add another LOVE!)! Hope you're having a terrific Sunday!
    c

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you used the spotlight--such a clever take on the sketch! And that's my favorite Paper Smooches birdie. Thanks so much for joining us at CAS(E) this Sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My word. If this doesn't win everything it's linked up to, something is wrong with the universe! This is AWESOME!!! Love the tone on tone stamped spotlight and the perfectly colored lamp and chickie. Even the diagonal detail along the top is perfect. You rock too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is wonderful!!! What a fun and creative idea!! The cute little spotlight and fun stars surrounding that darling bird...it's just perfect! Thanks for joining us at CAS(E) this Sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Love little Cassie chick! Perfect design and sentiment. Super-duper card!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute cute, total FUN!
    Thanks so much for sharing with us at CAS(E) this Sketch this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on your honourable mention at CTS.... your card is super fun!! I love the spotlight..what a great idea for the sketch :0)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your card is super adorable for your Dad's card, Shannon! So deserving of the Favorites honor from CTS ~ congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me a comment - I appreciate them so much!