Saturday, March 09, 2013

Happy Birthday and Happy to be home!!

Oh dear blog, how I have missed you!  I was away for work last week, and my card for today is very indicative of how happy I am to be home!  I was on a course that was quite demanding and kept us up late into the night each night - which completely ruined my plans of making cards in my hotel room after class!  Yup, I lugged a big box of supplies up with me and was anxiously anticipating five nights of cardmaking...but it was not to be!  And there was some withdrawl.  Serious withdrawl.  But I'm back at it tonight playing along with the Paper Smooches SPARKS challenge.  It is a Trend Watch this week - theme: smiles!

Here's the challenge photo:



And here's my card:



You can tell by the card that it's quite simple - but I was pleased by the idea the challenge "sparked" and happy with the results.  The circle is from a little mini set called Gently Seasoned and the Happy Face is from Healthy Vibes - it fit just perfectly into the circle!  Sentiment is from Sentiment Sampler.

So happy I got a chance to play along this week after having to miss out last week.
Thanks for stopping by!
Shannon

7 comments:

  1. What a wonderful take on the Spark inspiration. love your repeated smile faces, fun fun fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WELCOME back!! I've 100% missed your posts and your cards. We can only go 'so long' without our wonderful *injection* of "Shannon sweetness."
    First, thank you X 1,000 for your comments on my various posts. Yes the tire-tread was...well, laughable, to say the least. As I mentioned, I should have taken a "piece" of tire, rather than man-handle the whole thing. Just picture a bike 'rolled' across an ink pad - utterly ridiculous! As for the others ~ from noticing the small touches specifically, to the compliments in general, you once again amp up my confidence and encourage my motivation. You are the best cheerleader ever!!
    Your card here has totally accomplished the mission of the SPARKS challenge! Love those faces (you'll have a wee giggle when you see mine - I used the Hello Sunshine freebie!): love the repeated pattern; love yellow; and LOVE that all those smiles are infectious! You've given my day a cheerful, bright, sunshine-y yellow, happy-face start! Awesomeness ++++

    Off to the 'big city' for a bit; maybe I'll get some kraft paper, or bloomy flower stamps, or some white ink...Talk soon!
    Hugs,
    c

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE the take on the challenge!! Such a FUN design!! THANKS for sharing and have a FABULOUS WEEK!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. IM EXPECTING THAT ON MY BIRTHDAY!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. so cute Auntie cant wait to see u tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card is lovely, simple but well-designed. I had to smile with you, taking all these supplies along - how often have I done that and not used them at all.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me a comment - I appreciate them so much!